Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Nomad


So in the past 4 days I have finished school, moved out of my apartment in Ottawa, moved to Kingston, half moved to Mississauga, had an interview in Oakville and am now moving to Toronto. I don't feel lonely because I know the people I am staying with (le bf&brother) but I don't really have a home at the moment. You would think that that would be really sad, but I don't really mind. While I was at school I moved 6 times in 5 years, so I haven't really had a permanent home for that long either. The weather is really crappy and cold so I haven't taken any pictrures. Will upload some soon!
Right now I am just focusing on getting interviews and a job before getting my own place and setting down roots. I'm looking at magazine jobs and marketing advertising places. Because I do not have all the preferred experience for jobs I really want, I am willing to take internships for a few months just to get the experience. I think that this is important advice for people still in school. If you know what kind of job you want, go out and get the experience. Even if you don't get paid, you are earning content to put on your resume. You may even discover that you don't want to do that kind of job anymore. It is better to find out early than go through schooling for what you think you want and then realize that you don't like it once you get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin