Monday, November 3, 2008

Lipstick Jungle

How is it that I have never accidentally come across this show? I thought it was just another Sex and the City remake until I went on Rogers On Demand and actually searched it out. The only thing available on On Demand is season 2, but I read the book so I know what should have happened in season 1. I just want to say the show is fantastic! Plot line aside, the clothing that is worn makes me want to cry. I loved Sex and the City for the story line because most of the clothing was atroschious, but Lipstick Jungle has it all together. Especially Victory and Nico, they are two powerful and damn sexy women in their working clothes. I could definitely not get away with sleeveless dresses when I worked in an office, but that is somewhere I would love to work! Some where where fashion actually crosses the minds of employees and they put some effort into what they want to look like in the morning. Here are a couple of my favourite outfits:

These women are just so dang adylike and professional looking that, rocky relationships aside, I would love to live in their world!

There was also a dress worn by Victory that was a metallic pink embroidered number that was sleeveless with a boatneck. It was gorgeous. If you know which one I'm talking about, there is a dress just like it at Banana Republic for $275, but they didn't have my size :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin