Friday, November 7, 2008

Spring 2009

I was searching through some Spring 2009 collections and found these gems. I had not heard of Monigue Lhuilier before, but she makes the most incredible bridal gowns! Here are two from her newest collection:


I have been a long time fan of the elegance Oscar de la Renta puts into his collections. This season I loved the mod retro swimsuit look he injected into the collection along with this gown, here is my favoutire from Spring 2009:







And then there is Alexander McQueen. Some designers are famous for being well, famous. But this is a man that is famous because of his creativity and skill. He can change body shapes and introduce new materials like no designer I have ever seen. I loved the canary yellow feather dress he did for his fall collection. It was extremely similar to what Kenley did for her finally dress on Project Runway. I am not in love with this piece below because I would want to wear it, but because I can appreciate the art and detail in it and the pain it would take to make. The flow of the fabric at the shoulders looks like it was accidental, but yet it is semetrical on both sides. The fabric is beautiful. If it was toned down a lot I think it would be very cute to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin