Sunday, March 15, 2009

Maxi Love

I have found a new love...and it is going to be huge this summer! It is the maxi dress. There are a few celebrities that come to mind when I think of this dress, beyonce, Ashlee Simpson and Britney Spears. Although I think that they can take away from your shape because you are surrounded by flowy non-form fitting fabric, I must admit they are a cute and easy thing to throw on and go. I would try to find one that is fitted around under the bust and then falls straight to your feet. You don't want a billowy dress that looks like you're hiding a paunch.
When wearing a maxi dress, make sure you DON'T get a pattern that is too big for your frame. This is a big mistake that people tend to make. A large pattern can overwhelm a small frame, being petite I should know. I also feel we will see a lot of tribal prints this spring. Stars like Nicole Ritchie, Mischa Barton and even Lindsay Lohan have seen sparking this trend for the last few seasons. If you are into small tribal touches, Nicole's jewelry line, House of Harlow 1960 finishes off Nicole's hippie look very well. Although I am not a huge fan of the jewelry, I am in hopeful anticipation for the next collection.
There are some really nice and less pricey maxi dresses on the market right now.


This one for $78.00 by Arden B

This one for $25 from Old Navy

And this one for $22.80 from Forever21
Bright colours is definitely the trend this summer so why not make a statement with a bright maxi? I'm either going to find the perfect one or try to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin