Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Creation

I have been toying with a skirt that I was making from scratch. It is the first time I have attempted a skirt without using a pattern. Of course the darts are not even and it is quite noticeable as you can see, but I am still very proud of this! But of course with me, a simple design is not enough, I always need to make things a bit difficult for myself. The twist was adding extensions to the middle band so that I could tie a bow in the back to hide the zipper a little. I had to put the skirt back on my womaquinne for the picture.

Anyways, love it and it is going in the attempts drawer with my dress!

This made my day a little better after the trauma earlier. I wish I had a knit slouchy hat to wear to class tomorrow...but I guess I couldn't wear it every day for a month..that would be gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin